Chained Down

Chained Down
Breaking through the Chains

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Parting Ways... A Workout... and A Very Dirty Dog

So, yesterday I left the domicile I call home and migrated south to a land called Dixie.  I left behind my family and a weekend watching girls basketball, attending a thrilling confirmation bash, and the training   I had been partaking in for the past 5 weeks or so.  The ride was filled with long conversations with the grandmother I call "Momo", scenic observations in the beautiful state of Tennessee, and wreck-less old drivers pulling out in front of me as my speedometer read speeds of 60-80 miles an hour.  The entire way my legs were throbbing in pain due to the fat pig laying across my lap known as Ripley.   Anyhow, my dreadful drive was followed by a night at the bar, where I saw the quarterback of the New York Giants, Eli Manning.
My second day back consisted of watching my puppy act crazy and cover herself in mud at a lake, along with some training and NFL football.  By the way, I am infatuated with the Green Bay Packers' defense... it is an incredible thing to watch.  I am a huge colts fan, but I cannot resist indulging myself in moments of celebration when that defense does something outstanding.  Clay Matthews is just a pure freak, beast.   Evidently, he is fairly strong and trains hard, which even further excites me:
Taking my dog to the lake was quite a treat as well.  That fat pig ran around like a psycho bred by Charlie Manson in prison and took pleasure in covering herself in mud and other nasty substances that occur in nature.  Since then, she has wanted to do nothing but sleep and lay her fat body on my bed.
So, while this fat, fat pig slept I decided to get in a little workout myself.  I had not ate much all day and had quite an exhausting day yesterday, so I don't think I was quite up to par.  However, I did manage to do a few good things.  I did a little bench, stopping at five reps on every set (worked up to 305).  Felt good, but didn't feel as powerful as normal.  Following the notorious bench press, I decided to act like my bodybuilder roommate and do some dumbell incline presses.  Surprisingly, it was pretty smooth.  I did 110 pound dumbells for a pretty easy 11.  I stopped at 11 in honor of my younger brother's baseball number.  I then decided to go back to my powerlifter roots and do some floor presses.  Then, I did some dips and plyo-pushups.  Plyo-pushups seems a little cross-fit-esque or p90x style, but they are very beneficial for building speed and explosion when benching.  I called the younger bro and found out that he had a pretty darn good workout as well... he got jiggy wit it.  He is now passing on our techniques to my cousin.  That little shit did 105 on bench for 5 pretty easily (only in 8th grade), which is a major improvement.  When that gangsta started, just six weeks ago, he could barely get that weight for 1 rep.  Clearly my methods are working!  He was also able to do 45 pound dumbells on the floor press for about 8 reps!  I think that's pretty impressive.  His arms are already filling in.  I am very jealous of this.  No matter how strong I get, my arms always seem to lag behind.  I guess I was never meant to be one of the Jersey Shore gang.  But, then again, I am not into the pre-party "pump" that those guys seem to favor for their workouts.  Anyways, all in all it was a good training day for the Bobe clan.  Jersey Shore cant hang wit Wabash River Shore!!
By the way.. I just now realized that I had a major spelling error in the title of my blog. I am embarrassed that I did not catch it until now and am very surprised at myself!  I am quite (no pun intended) careless at times!

1 comment: